I woke up a few days ago and realized – crap, it’s almost spring! It’s starting this month, and the big race to get the spring/summer garden together is upon us. Then I started taking a hard look around the garden and subsequent yard, and I’m thinking. Good lord, we’ve got a lot of work to do to get his place back into shape.
With that, we have a big batch of goals to get started for the month – some easy, some will take a bit of work, but each day the sun stays out a little longer and shines a bit brighter I’m excited.
Garden brain dump for spring (sorry this is a long and generalized list, I’ll break it up over the month)
- finish front flowerpot and mulch
- Main garden clean up
- clean up around juniper and add succulents
- general clean up of everything
- stepping stones
- security door
- drip system
- spring feed everything
- seal table
- build shed
- more rain barrels
- gourd alley
- seed starting
- spreadsheet for seed starting
- orchid/lavender by the fence
- finish sealing fence
- clean up the chicken yard
- step for mom
- garden journal update
To get things started this week, we have the following projects to work on.
- Tuesday – the guys from Lowes come out to give us a quote on the security door.
- Weed and mulch the hydrangea and rose beds
- feed all of the trees, roses, hydrangeas
- get the drip started for the back yard and side garden
- build shed (being delivered Tuesday as well)
- Seed starting for summer planting (tomatoes, peppers, gourds, cucumbers, squash, etc.)
I started getting really excited last month as the days started to get just a bit longer, and we really kicked into high gear on getting the garden prepped. I’m amazed at all the work we’ve managed to accomplish, and at the same time, overwhelmed at what needs to be done.
What does your March List look like?